Friday, May 18, 2007

Two Down, Eight To Go

Yay! Another rotation is over! My exam this morning marked the end of the surgery rotation. All of a sudden I found myself with free time and no studying waiting to be done. With a week off until the next rotation starts, what am I going to do with myself?!


I live only twenty minutes away by foot from the beach, but I haven't gone there in a while. So after lunch, I decided to get on my bike and ride down to the beach. I wanted to do some reading, but most of the books on my sagging bookshelf are my med books - the last thing I want to open today and for the next week. So I stopped by the local library and checked out a non-med book.


Every time I go to the library browsing for a good book to read, I invariably end up in front of the travel section - whether it's travelogue or travel guide, I always end up checking out a few of them. Now, armchair travel normally just doesn't do it for me. But when traveling is not possible at the moment and is not even remotely on the radar, I'd have to live vicariously through other people. So I picked up Greater Nowheres: Wanderings Across the Outback, a book about a couple of journalists driving across the Australian Outback in pursuit of the deadly salty - the salt-water crocodile.

Then I sat on the beach and started to read the book until the sun set. Not a bad way to end the day.

No comments: