Friday, July 20, 2007

Three Down, Seven to Go

Walking out of the last of three exams for mental health rotation today, I expected to feel the weight lifting off my chest like it did before. But no, that feeling never came; that sense of relief, of having accomplished something worth celebrating, never arrived. I had been looking forward to the end of exams for quite a few days, though. So maybe all the anticipation has made the moment rather anticlimactic.

Regardless, it's the beginning of another one-week break! Big plans are in store: a 100km trek through Fraser Island. Two months ago I went with my mate James and walked the southern portion of the Fraser Island Great Walk. The walk I have planned this time is a loop that takes in the northern portion of The Walk and a 25km stretch of Seventy-Five-Mile Beach. James is busy next week and no one else seems interested in doing the walk, maybe it's because of the distance covered, or maybe it's the -2 degrees centigrade overnight low on the forecast. Where are my hardy, outdoorsy friends when I need them? Looks like I will just have to do it solo, with a good thick book as my trusty companion.

I'll be off to Fraser on Sunday. Will write all about it when I get back.

No comments: