Monday, April 23, 2007

Shut Off Your Brain and Cook

Another reason I like to cook: it's my down time. After a full day of racking my brain while being quizzed by registrars, consultants, and tutors, cooking dinner allows me to turn off my brain and tend to the much simpler tasks of chopping vegetables, turning knobs on the stove, and pushing buttons on appliances. If you see that vacant look in my eyes while I go to town with a knife on a cutting board, make sure you keep your fingers away from the business end of the knife - because you've just caught me in outer space.

Tonight's dinner: leftover baked lamb sausages on a bed of bok choi fried in garlic with steamed baby potatoes and yam. Oh, and a salad, which is too big to include in the picture.

2 comments:

Lirena said...

That looks really yummie!

侧耳倾听 said...

Really colorful dinner!i think that yam looks like the sweetpotato?