Sunday, April 29, 2007

Where's the Seafood in Hervey Bay?

Ok, so you live in a place next to the ocean, I mean the beach is within walking distance. Is it too much to ask for a decent selection of seafood? Why is it that I've yet to find a shop with a good variety of fish and seafood? I actually had better luck down in Brisbane. I guess the fishermen can sell their catch to Brisbane at a better price than they can in a small town like Hervey Bay. So I'm left with having to check the fisherman's co-op every now and then for their intermittent delivery of fresh catch. Arghhh.

I'm in luck today. The fisherman's co-op just got a fresh load of fish this morning. I picked up a giant whole red emperor. For dinner tonight: steamed red emperor in ginger and scallions with silverbeet cooked in garlic, served on a blend of jasmine and brown rice.

No comments: