Friday, May 16, 2008

Seven Down, Three to Go

The exam this afternoon marks the end of specialties 1 rotation, which means a one-week break is coming up.

It has only been eight weeks since I’ve been back in Brisbane, but I am already getting itchy feet. So three of my friends and I will be taking off for a week of camping on Hinchinbrook Island National Park in tropical north Queensland where Nim’s Island was filmed. The walk on Hinchinbrook is supposed to be among the world’s top hikes. The last time I camped was back in January in New Zealand; it will be good to go out there and brave the elements again.

Camping gear, check; camping food, check; plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, ferry tickets, check, check, check, and check. Hinchinbrook is hard to get to, but good things never come easy.

I’m psyched!

No comments: