Thursday, July 24, 2008

Book, Blanket, and Blues

It’s been raining since last night. I woke up to the sound of a fine drizzle that seems to be here to stay, at least for the day. Gray, wet, and cold – not exactly the normal warm and dry winter days in Brisbane that I am used to. Now to think of it, it has been raining quite a bit lately, which is good for the water level of the reservoirs supplying Brisbane. We may actually see the loosening of water restriction at some point. But for me, being on my precious one-week break between rotations, the rain is a major bummer. I had originally planned to do a sixty-kilometer cycling trip to a couple of mountains nearby today. But the rain basically just killed that plan.

So I have to settle for the next best thing – brew a cup of hot tea, queue up some blues music on my computer, curl up in bed under a warm blanket, and read a book, one that has nothing to do with medicine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today’s lunch: pita pockets filled with guacamole and sautéed chicken and mushrooms with a side salad.

No comments: