Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Done Deal

I logged onto the Queensland Health website and there it is: two buttons. Accept – Decline. I slide the mouse cursor back and forth between the buttons.

Click.

Since Friday, I have been waiting to see if there is anything that tells me I should accept Queensland over New South Wales while all along, the nomad in me has been winning the argument. As far as the hospitals themselves are concerned, one is bigger than the other, but each has its advantages and disadvantages, so on that regard, it’s a wash. My gut feeling tells me to go for Wollongong. I know, it’s quite a big decision to make on gut feeling. It’s also a decision that may influence what road I go down in the future. Acting on gut feeling has served me well before; it has gotten me out of potentially sticky situations as well as steered me down the right path in the past. So once again, another major decision in my life is made.

The screen now reads “Logan Hospital: declined”.

Here I come, Wollongong.

No comments: