Friday, October 24, 2008

Donating to a Good Cause

On Monday I had my car towed to a nearby garage. The mechanic called me the next day and broke the bad news. Just as I had suspected, the engine was completely fried. The cost of repair would come to be about the same as what I had paid for the car two years ago. After thinking about my options, I decided to cut my losses. I will probably only get a token amount if I sell it for scraps. So, just like what my parents did with their dead cars years ago, I decided to donate its corpse to charity. A quick Google search landed me on the website of the Cerebral Palsy League. A couple of phone calls later, my car is officially off my hands.

I hope they actually get some money out of it, because I’d like to think that someone with cerebral palsy will benefit, in whatever little amount, from the death of my car.

No comments: