Monday, November 10, 2008

Downed by Germy Kids

Everyone else on the pediatric rotation has been getting sick. It seems that whatever virus the sick kids have been coming into hospital with, it is now being passed around our group of med students. A few of my compatriots have already been feeling miserable as of late. Amidst the constant sniffling, I have luckily avoided getting hit - until last weekend. A hint of a sore throat on Friday brewed over the weekend and, by today, has become a full-blown case of viral upper respiratory tract infection. This has got to be the worst time to be sick. There are only two weeks until the end-of-rotation exam and then another week until the final exam. I really can't afford to be sick this close to two important exams. I know it's probably viral and I just have to let it run its course. If it's caused by what the kids have been spreading around, I should be feeling pretty sick these couple of days but I will be fine come exam time. Let's hope it's that and nothing worse.

No comments: