Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Only A Five-Step Job

I see this sign everyday. It is posted in one of the staff toilets on the medical ward at the hospital where I am doing my medicine rotation.

It only takes five-steps!? And with illustrated instructions!! To change a roll of toilet paper? I wonder how many toilet-paper-roll-changing mishaps it took for someone to take the time to make and post these instructions. But it gets better. Someone else must have thought, “Five steps? That’s too complicated. I’ll simplify things a bit,” and wrote down the “Alternative Directions” next to the printed instructions.

Every time I look at it, I feel like I am reading a manual for defusing bombs. Okay, maybe not, but this is definitely the first time I’ve seen a toilet paper roll holder that needs an owner’s manual.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight’s dinner: herbed chicken risotto with green beans, and a salad.

No comments: