Sunday, January 27, 2008

Man About Town

It is impossible for me to walk around the village without attracting a lot of attention. Being the only foreign visitor at the moment, I always get curious stares from villagers. Today I made friends with Howard, the son of Alice, the cook at the guesthouse. In the afternoon, Howard shows me around the village. Soon, I have gathered an entourage of kids, who follow us around and ask me to take their pictures. So, this is the village of Lubwe:

Howard (L) and his friends

A villager in his dugout canoe

Alice cooks delicious meals

"Whacha lookin' at?"

Cool hairdo!



Boats drying by Lake Chifunabuli


A bird resting on what used to be a canoe

Girl with bright smile

Corral by the lake

Village market

Villagers selling vegetables and dried fish


One of the shops at the market

These guys are just waiting for your bike to break down

Got enough firewood for tonight


Tough kids at the Boys School



Don't be deceived by her looks, this one is quite a tom boy


Howard pretends to be driving a tractor

No comments: